Pathway to Land Based Studies
Welcome to Pathway to Land based Studies at Wiltshire College & University Centre courses include:
- Entry to Pathway
- Pathway to Animal Care, Agriculture & Engineering & Countryside & the Environment. BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Land-based Studies. (Animal Care, Agriculture & Engineering & Countryside & the Environment)
- Level 1 C&G Diploma in Land based Studies (Animal Care, Agriculture & Engineering & Countryside & the Environment)
Please find below details of course related costs and items you may need to get, ready for the start of term.
You will need to pay your £25 non-refundable Resource Fee before coming to enrol. This can be done on the online shop www.shop.wiltshire.ac.uk You will need to bring a copy of your receipt to enrolment as proof of purchase. If you cannot pay online, please pay by card on enrolment day.
All students are required to provide their own personal stationery to include pads, pens and pencils, folders ready for the start of term. Course tutors will advise of any specific requirements at the start of term.
Uniform & PPE
All students are required to have specific clothing and PPE, which must be worn in all practical sessions. This is available to order from our supplier Wiltshire College & University Centre Archives – JS Teamwear JS Teamwear
The following items are mandatory:
- Polo shirt(s) – purchased from the above supplier
- Sweatshirt(s) – purchased from the above supplier, choice of crew neck or zip neck
- Waterproof coat – purchased from the above supplier
- Overalls – purchased from the above supplier
- High Viz Vest (orange) – purchased from the above supplier
- Steel toe cap boots – can be purchased from the above supplier or from any ‘workwear’ store
We do not provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and this must be purchased before you start your course. If PPE is not present at the start of term, this may exclude you from ALL practical sessions.
For Health and Safety reasons NO visible piercings are permissible during practical activities. All jewellery must be removed including necklaces and rings.
It is also advised not to have nail extensions or false nails as this could cause injury to animals or yourself.
We recommend students wear waterproof clothing when appropriate which must be plain colour (black, green or navy) and appropriate for industry and are also available to purchase from the our supplier (see above for link) :
- Warm all weather jacket / Gilet
- Cargo / Work trousers (not fashion jeans)
- Waterproof trousers
A £10 refundable deposit for keys is required. At the end of the summer term, upon return of keys, the deposit will be refunded. The deposit must be paid on the online shop. Lockers are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
The college shop can be found on www.shop.wiltshire.ac.uk
All learners will be expected to participate in Work Experience and work towards finding a placement during the summer term, dates to be confirmed.
If your parents and carers can help with placements for learners, please do let the Work Experience know during your enrolment or your personal Tutor once you start.