Hartpury Equine Course Requirements
NOT ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM JST – AN * MARKS THOSE THAT ARE
- – Black Hartpury jacket or black Hartpury winter coat (all students)*
- – Red polo shirts with Hartpury logo (all students, minimum of two)*
- – Gloves suitable for riding and stable management (all students)*
- – Hairnet (for riding sessions where hair is longer than shoulder length)*For all riding and / or practical yard sessions
- – British Standard approved skull cap
- (PAS015+kitemark, SNELL E2001 or E2016, or ASTM F1163+SEI mark) with navy or black hat silk (all students)*
- – Body protector (correctly fitted) to BETA 2009 Level 3 only (Equitation students only)
- – Navy (not denim), black, grey or beige jodhpurs / breeches for all riding sessions. Black / dark fitted jeans for working horses from the ground, ground schooling and yard practical sessions with sensible yard boots.
- – Long riding boots (rubber or leather) or smooth leather gaiters (not suede) with matching jodhpur boots (black or brown)
- – Schooling whip (Equitation students only, maximum length 30”)
- – Jumping whip (Equitation students only)
- – Wristwatch
- – One pair of yard boots for non-riding practical sessions (optional, as an alternative to riding boots)
- – If asthmatic, dust mask required
- – Waterproof trousers and wellington boots*
- (optional but highly recommended) – Mane comb, hoof pick and rubber plaiting bands (all students)*
Please note, you’re not permitted on the yard wearing any form of jewellery (except a wedding ring) due to safety guidelines. This includes all piercings.
Please ensure your name is clearly labelled on all equipment.